Friday, May 13, 2022

All Grown Up

All Grown Up

Ephesians 4: 14 Then we shall no longer be children, carried by the waves and blown about by every shifting wind of the teaching of deceitful people, who lead others into error by the tricks they invent. 15 Instead, by speaking the truth in a spirit of love, we must grow up in every way to Christ, who is the head.

 

============

 

Wanting to fit in, I went along with the group’s teachings. “Party while you can!” was the philosophy I had accepted. As we drank our problems away, something seemed wrong. Nothing was getting better. The suggestions from my party “friends” were not working.

 

  • I was open to the philosophy of the day.
  • I was easily tossed around by those who were deemed the expert of that day.
  • I had fallen into a trap where “I” was looking to become the answer, so I followed and admired people who had huge followings.

 

Paul spoke about using GOD given gifts to build up the body of CHRIST. By doing so, maturity follows. “Then we shall no longer be children.” He was shown by JESUS that it took putting faith into action to avoid the dangers listening to the philosophy of the day. We must grow up.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to grow up to see HIM as the answer versus being the problem.
  • GOD wants me to use discernment to listen to the gentle words of the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to use my spiritual gifts for HIS purpose to grow up in every way to CHRIST, who is the head.

 

Growing up is different for everyone. I mean, I may be older but still immature. On the other hand, someone else may be young in age but have godly wisdom. The goal is to grow up to be like JESUS. Satan tried to take HIM off center by offering HIM wealth, power and food, representing health. JESUS never fell for HIS temptations and stayed true to HIS purpose.

 

When I use the gifts JESUS gave me, I grow, little by little. I don’t get tossed by the news of the day which would take me away from my trust in GOD. I am grateful for the SPIRIT of love GOD has poured out on me and my hope is to walk toward JESUS daily.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer uses the analogy of a child being blown about by every shifting wind?
  • What does it mean to stand firm for your beliefs in JESUS?
  • Have you ever been taken off of your belief in GOD, only to find more trouble?
  • Will you place your trust in the LORD so you will not fall for tricks invented by those who desire to get their way, and speak the truth about JESUS who provides love and direction today?

No comments:

Post a Comment