Friday, May 20, 2022

Controlled Life

Controlled Life

Ephesians 5: Since you are God's dear children, you must try to be like him. Your life must be controlled by love, just as Christ loved us and gave his life for us as a sweet-smelling offering and sacrifice that pleases God.

 

============

 

Finally deciding to graduate, I focused on studying. I disappeared from having “fun” and focused on what I was supposed to do. It worked! I applied this focus on pursuing lustful items such as power, sex, and money. Each took time and controlled my life in its pursuit.

 

  • I could not stop until I got what I wanted.
  • I lost sleep over fruitless pursuits.
  • I was controlled by the pleasures of life rather than something more solid.

 

Being adopted into a family means acting like the family. This overall behavior was the plea of Paul to everyone who believed in GOD. Since we cannot be GOD we can try to be like HIM on some level. The one way to be like GOD is to love like HIM.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s definition of “love” is far greater than anything I can imagine.
  • JESUS provided me with the ultimate example of “love.”
  • “Love” is an eternal pursuit that GOD wants for me.

 

Getting my way is not love. I mean, GOD says no to many of my requests, especially when they are harmful to others or myself. When I don’t get “my” way, I pout and question GOD’s “love.” HE forgives my childish tantrums and opens my eyes to the sacrifice JESUS made.

 

Humans were created out of love, for love by love. GOD is pure love and cannot be tainted. JESUS controlled HIS life out of love. HE never wavered from HIS purpose. I am glad JESUS forgives me daily and I ask for the tiniest bit of HIS love to control my life.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer appeal to everyone?
  • Have you ever had something control your life like work or an addiction or loneliness?
  • Will you let go of the things that easily control you and allow GOD to fill empty spaces in your heart with overflowing love for yourself and others today?

No comments:

Post a Comment