Tuesday, May 3, 2022

True Identity

True Identity

Ephesians 3: 14 For this reason I fall on my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth receives its true name. 

 

============

 

As I was walking down the hall someone shouted a negative label at me. My youthful response was to get a large friend and threaten a fight. The label was not who I was so it enraged me.

 

  • I reacted to a false label.
  • I wasted time and energy over something that was not true.
  • I was not ready to take the high road so I stooped down to fight.

 

Paul uncovers something interesting. He says each person has a “true name” which implies the family name I have is false. HE was revealed that GOD provides purpose through a name.

 

My Observations

  • My true identity will be revealed to me when I am with the FATHER.
  • I will one day understand my true purpose in union with CHRIST.
  • Knowing I have a true name gives me hope.

 

People want to be GOD so we label each other in ways to make others feel inferior. BUT GOD is supreme and is the only one who holds the true label of HIS creation. HE made each person carefully and with a special purpose. Unfortunately, there is an adversary who lies and confuses people to seek a worldly identity.

 

People are separated and lied to so JESUS becomes a problem rather than the only solution. Political thieves try to hijack the name of JESUS but fail miserably because GOD knows HIS true flock. I am glad GOD holds my identity and has adopted me into HIS glorious family.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer appeal to identity when entering into prayer?
  • Have you ever been called a false label or possibly mislabeled yourself?
  • Will you stop seeking validation from the world and know you are loved fully by GOD who holds your true purpose and identity in CHRIST who is our Savior today?

No comments:

Post a Comment