Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Roomy Inside

Roomy Inside

Ephesians 3: 16 I ask God from the wealth of his glory to give you power through his Spirit to be strong in your inner selves, 17 and I pray that Christ will make his home in your hearts through faith. I pray that you may have your roots and foundation in love, 18 so that you, together with all God's people, may have the power to understand how broad and long, how high and deep, is Christ's love. 19 Yes, may you come to know his love—although it can never be fully known—and so be completely filled with the very nature of God.

 

============

 

After being mugged at a certain train stop, I thought of ways to avoid going back. When I absolutely had to go there, I thought of ways to be safe, so I walked in the middle of the crowd. I narrowed my routes to safe routes, or maybe not even going out at all.

 

  • Fear made me narrow my thinking.
  • Worry made me focus on “what bad could happen.”
  • Doubt made me insecure.

 

Difficulties and hardship were the norm for Paul. He had been jailed, beaten and almost put to death because of his belief in JESUS. This unglamorous life required more than surface actions. It required faith. This was the only place large enough to hold GOD.

 

My Observations

  • My heart is too small for GOD to live in so HE adds faith to stretch it so HE can fit.
  • Circumstances attempt to make my heart small BUT GOD lives inside me to give me inner peace.
  • Situations may tempt me to use hatred as the answer, BUT GOD provides the true foundation of love from which HE builds a home in my heart.

 

Trying to use GOD for personal gain is small heart thinking. I mean, when I think of my own desires, other people cannot fit in my heart. GOD wants me to align to HIS desires. HE wants all HIS flock to be saved through belief in JESUS.

 

HE spreads this perfect message of love and forgiveness through imperfect people. HE and HE alone provides inner peace. I may never know just how broad and long, how high and deep CHRIST’s love is for me, but I am willing to learn a little so HE can live in me.

 

Challenge

  • Where does the writer say true power comes from?
  • Have you ever had situations and circumstances that caused you to have fear, worry or doubt?
  • Will you place your faith in JESUS who will provide the HOLY SPIRIT, giving you access to the FATHER who forgives, loves and fills you from emptiness today?

No comments:

Post a Comment