Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Praise and Thanksgiving

Praise and Thanksgiving

Ephesians 5: 18 Do not get drunk with wine, which will only ruin you; instead, be filled with the Spirit. 19 Speak to one another with the words of psalms, hymns, and sacred songs; sing hymns and psalms to the Lord with praise in your hearts. 20 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, always give thanks for everything to God the Father.

 

============

 

Parking in a tight parking lot, I carefully got out of my new vehicle. A careless guy opened his door quickly, nicking the paint on my new van. The newness was ruined and from that moment on, all I could see was the small dent and the nicked paint.

 

  • I was focused only on the problem.
  • All I could see was something to complain about.
  • I replayed the action of the guy over and over, each time I saw the nick.

 

Paul gives everyone some advice for every situation. “Always give thanks for everything” were his difficult words. He had been beaten, jailed, chased and almost killed by those who opposed believing in JESUS. He had a lot to complain about, but gave a solid alternative.

 

My Observations

  • Praise to GOD should be used as a cure of the problem.
  • Seeing GOD’s  provision in my life takes practice.
  • Giving thanks to GOD reduces my complaints and provides me with joy and cheer.

 

Staying in a state of complaining, worry and anger seems to be what the adversary wants. I mean, if I always have something to grouse about, I remain blind to the extreme blessings GOD has given me. I focus on the little problem and sometimes make it bigger in my mind each time I play out the words he or she may have said.

 

GOD gives me an alternative, namely praise and thanksgiving. HE doesn’t want me mad, sad or bad. HE provides in the middle of the storm and when problems seem to be at their greatest. I am thankful for all HE has done and I praise GOD for HIS greatness. Great is thy faithfulness!

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer starts off the warning with “do not get drunk?”
  • What problems have you focused on and played over in your mind over and over?
  • Will you take a moment to praise GOD when your troubles pop up in your mind and give GOD thanks when you feel troubled today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment