Monday, May 9, 2022

Glue of Peace

Glue of Peace

Ephesians 4: Do your best to preserve the unity which the Spirit gives by means of the peace that binds you together. There is one body and one Spirit, just as there is one hope to which God has called you. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism; there is one God and Father of all people, who is Lord of all, works through all, and is in all.

 

============

 

Seeking to “win”, we met as a team. One group was doing things different than the way we expected. We met to counter what they were doing and came up with a plan. None of us slept well when that plan failed. We were tired of the battle.

 

  • I thought “I” could be right as long as I was on the winning side.
  • I figured something was “wrong” with them because a group of us saw things a certain way.
  • I was ready to “fight” and lost sleep because I was trying to do my part to control other people.

 

Paul urges everyone to “preserve the unity” which is given by the HOLY SPIRIT. He then explains what that looks like, just in case people were seeking a relative truth. He points to the only winning side, namely to follow CHRIST.

 

  • There is one body and one SPIRIT and one hope that GOD has called me to.
  • There is one LORD, one faith and one baptism to which I base my life.
  • There is one GOD and FATHER of all people who is LORD of all, works through all and is in all, even a sinner like me.

 

Peace is what the HOLY SPIRIT uses to bind all of us together. I mean, when I am at peace, problems seem smaller, aches seem to go away faster and the future seems brighter. But when I feel discontent, people are a problem, circumstances seem to linger forever, I lose sleep and aches and pains nag at me.

 

Discontent seems to be the enemy of peace. This can breed in me the feeling that I need to fight or control or “lose.” BUT GOD wants me bound together with HIS family. HE knows how messy my life can be and wants me to have peace anyway so I can be unified with other messy people. I am glad GOD gives me “one” path

 

Challenge

  • What “unity” is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you ever looked at other people as being the cause of your problems?
  • What accountability is GOD calling you to?
  • Will you take “blame” or “discontent” or “rage” from your first actions and replace it with “unity” by means of “peace” from the HOLY SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment