Friday, May 6, 2022

Boundless Power

Boundless Power

Ephesians 4: I urge you, then—I who am a prisoner because I serve the Lord: live a life that measures up to the standard God set when he called you. Be always humble, gentle, and patient. Show your love by being tolerant with one another.

 

============

 

“Are you okay?” I asked one of the thugs who’s life seemed to be centered on making everyone miserable. He had fallen after holding onto a car and sliding on his heels down the icy street. Years later he reminded me that I said a kind word. I did not even remember saying it.

 

  • I wanted to react with a fight or rage when being bullied.
  • I wanted to point and say “That’s what you get” when someone I did not like got hurt.
  • I wanted to finally “win” when it felt like I was losing to the bullies, tormentors and tyrants.

 

Jailed for speaking about JESUS, Paul wrote a letter. His chains could not stop his love for the people. He urged everyone to stay focused by showing humility, gentleness and patience. These could not be stopped.

 

My Observations

  • The HOLY SPIRIT gives me an alternative way that is humble.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT reminds me to be gentle.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT tells me to slow down and be patient.

 

Humans may trap me in ways that seem unfair. I mean, overt and passive bullies try to get their way instead of GOD’s way. BUT GOD gives me a standard that I can follow. I do not have to look at my circumstance as “the measure” rather I can choose humbleness, gentleness and patience as my “measure” for success.

 

When I have shown these to others who may not even be receptive, GOD says “Well done good and faithful servant.” It also relieves me of how the world constantly says “You don’t measure up.” I am glad GOD’s measure of me is through HIS SON and not my actions.

 

Challenge

  • What is the heart of the writer?
  • Have you ever wanted to fight or get back at someone or been enraged?
  • Will you seek any part of the small list given in this passage as an alternative to your first reaction to fulfill GOD’s calling on your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment