Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Becoming Secure

Becoming Secure

Ephesians 4: 25 No more lying, then! Each of you must tell the truth to the other believer, because we are all members together in the body of Christ. 26 If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin, and do not stay angry all day. 27 Don't give the Devil a chance. 28 If you used to rob, you must stop robbing and start working, in order to earn an honest living for yourself and to be able to help the poor. 

 

============

 

“Fine” was the lying reply I used to the question “How are you?” to keep from telling the truth that many aspects of my life were falling apart. I did not want to continuously be a burden and I wasn’t feeling secure enough to tell the truth.

 

  • I felt insecure so I answered questions in ways to avoid conversations where I looked pitiful.
  • I felt frustrated so I let my anger guide my mouth and other actions.
  • I felt deserving so I listened to temptations and fell into sin.

 

Paul speaks with a very direct tone when addressing specific examples of old ways to turn from. He sees that some were acting out of their insecurities and falling into the trap of lying to others and themselves. He gives guidelines to enable self-control.

 

My Observations

  • Security is something GOD wants me to place in HIM.
  • Anger is allowed but requires me to communicate to GOD so HE can diffuse it.
  • Broader thinking and surrender is something GOD wants me to add to my choices.

 

Thinking of protecting myself, I can easily fall into lies, get angry and even consider robbing others by stealing money, people or credit for something he or she should be credited for. The old childish ways of insecurity gives the Devil a chance all the time. BUT GOD provides a way out.

 

HE shows me that I am part of a larger family of sick and hurt people. No one is more superior than the next. I can tell the truth about my situation because the next person needs to hear what I am experiencing. Self-control is part of the fruit of the SPIRIT. I am glad GOD offers me a way back to HIS path by becoming secure in HIS love for me.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer gives this strong warning?
  • Have you ever fallen for some items listed and found out things were worse?
  • What insecurities are you battling that make you question GOD’s true love for you?
  • Will you become more secure by letting go of some of your self-protection and allow GOD to provide the answer in HIS way and time?

No comments:

Post a Comment