Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Unhidden Strength

Unhidden Strength

Ephesians 5: 10 Try to learn what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the worthless things that people do, things that belong to the darkness. Instead, bring them out to the light. (12 It is really too shameful even to talk about the things they do in secret.) 13 And when all things are brought out to the light, then their true nature is clearly revealed; 14 for anything that is clearly revealed becomes light That is why it is said,

 

“Wake up, sleeper,
    and rise from death,
and Christ will shine on you.”


============

 

When confronted by what I did, I replied “He or she made me do it!” It was the only thing I could think of at the time that would absolve me of being part of whatever was going on. Blame got me nowhere.

 

  • I was upset that I got caught.
  • I enjoyed the fruits of hidden sin, but did not enjoy when the sin came to light.
  • I was getting weaker and weaker, the more I hid things.

 

Paul continues his plea of everyone to turn from hidden sinful ways. He gives a solution that would seem worthless, but was quite valuable. “Try to learn what pleases GOD” was the advice that would provide a better path.

 

My Observations

  • What I used to think was weakness is strength, according to GOD.
  • What I used to think was “too long” was short, according to GOD.
  • What I used to think was generous, powerful, loving or righteous was weak, prideful, stubborn and shameful, according to GOD.

 

Using people as my measure, I compared myself to what others were doing. I gave myself a passing grade because I wasn’t robbing or killing or blatantly trying to harm people. But I was still sinning and hiding it by participating in groups that accepted my sin. I was far from righteous.

 

The term “there is strength in numbers” is absolutely false when it comes to sin. I cannot use the excuse “they made me do it” when I am confronted by GOD. Instead, HE wants me to “Wake up” and get off any deadly path hidden sin can bring. HE wants my ways to “become” light. I am glad HE picks up my brokenness when I fall and makes me stronger “after” failure.

 

Challenge

  • Why is the writer talking about darkness and light?
  • Have you ever paid attention to someone else’s life and pointed out their faults without admitting your own failures?
  • Will you accept GOD’s strength and admit there may be some areas of your life that you have “fallen asleep” on so you can “Wake up” and learn what is pleasing to HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment