Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Highest Admiration

Highest Admiration

Ephesians 4: Now, what does “he went up” mean? It means that first he came down to the lowest depths of the earth. 10 So the one who came down is the same one who went up, above and beyond the heavens, to fill the whole universe with his presence. 

 

============

 

Reaching levels was a thing that was taught to me. One grade gave me golden stars for every level I achieved in reading. This thought of levels translated to types of work I did later in life. I admired those who were “above me” in level. I talked about him or her with high regard.

 

  • I thought titles meant importance.
  • I thought people were supposed to be treated differently because of their title or academic achievements.
  • I thought power meant obtaining a following where people would grab onto every word “I” said.

 

Paul poses a tough question in the letter he wrote. “What does ‘HE went up’ mean?” was the poignant question to provoke thought. He then answers by explaining what JESUS taught him. He talked about levels.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS, who was and is GOD, became a lowly human to die for me.
  • JESUS sacrificial death and resurrection enabled HIM to be placed above everything.
  • JESUS’s act of love is recognized by the entire universe.

 

It’s easy to admire or even envy other humans as gods. I mean, when I want to be somebody, I may look at what others consider somebody. I then try to be like him or her and fail miserably. I may sometimes achieve a level and think I am “above” people.

 

BUT GOD is the only one who is above all. No human level or achievement can match HIS greatness. HE knows all, sees all and is everywhere. JESUS was given the highest honor of being placed above all. I bow down to JESUS who is my Savior.

 

Challenge

  • What levels is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever admired someone because of his or her title or accomplishments?
  • Will you place a higher admiration on the one who is above race, gender and situations, namely JESUS, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment