Monday, May 23, 2022

Declared Clean

Declared Clean

Ephesians 5: Since you are God's people, it is not right that any matters of sexual immorality or indecency or greed should even be mentioned among you. Nor is it fitting for you to use language which is obscene, profane, or vulgar. Rather you should give thanks to God. You may be sure that no one who is immoral, indecent, or greedy (for greed is a form of idolatry) will ever receive a share in the Kingdom of Christ and of God.

 

============

 

“How did I get here?” I asked myself. My “friends” were doing things that, at one point, I would have considered low down and underhanded. After a while, I was doing the same stuff or possibly worse. I was in trouble and had no one to help because they were in trouble too.

 

  • I was afraid to turn to GOD because my sins were piling up.
  • I was nervous of facing the consequences of my decisions.
  • I felt unclean, broken and worthless.

 

“Act right!” was seemingly the plea of Paul as he addressed how people were behaving. He saw the people give themselves over to sexual immorality, indecent behavior and obscene, profane and vulgar language. Greed had permeated their every thought. The warning was stern.

 

My Observations

  • If I confess my sins GOD is faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.
  • I need to repent or turn away from my sins to mature in CHRIST.
  • Nothing vulgar, obscene or greedy in me will be useful to GOD.

 

“Impossible” was my first reaction to this list. I mean I had pretty much committed the whole list and felt I had no place in GOD’s kingdom. Then I reread the first part of the passage. “Since you ARE GOD’s people.” GOD is the one who declared me righteous, not because of me or any action I did, rather it was because of JESUS and HIS action for me.

 

When JESUS died for me and was raised from the dead, I was now able to be cleansed of all my sins, past present and future. I was declared clean. But those who refuse the wonderful gift GOD has to offer will remain declared unclean. Salvation gives me freedom to choose GOD’s way. I am grateful HE guides me to sometimes choose HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What “share” is the writer speaking of?
  • Whether you agree or disagree with the list, what does improving your own life look like?
  • Have you ever had a complaint about your bank account being low or for not having enough?
  • Will you give thanks to GOD for what you have and where HE has you so you can grow in the way HE wants you to grow today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment