Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Living in the Light

Living in the Light

Ephesians 5: Do not let anyone deceive you with foolish words; it is because of these very things that God's anger will come upon those who do not obey him. So have nothing at all to do with such people. You yourselves used to be in the darkness, but since you have become the Lord's people, you are in the light. So you must live like people who belong to the light, for it is the light that brings a rich harvest of every kind of goodness, righteousness, and truth.

 

============

 

Sneaking out the house under the cover of darkness, I was able to do what I wanted to do “without being detected.” In fact, many things I did that I did not want people to know, seemed to occur at night or in hidden moments.

 

  • I was ashamed so I hid what I did.
  • I was taught what was right and wanted to do wrong and hide it until I could figure out words to justify my actions.
  • I did not want people to know the hidden side of me so I omitted the truth or ran with people who accepted what I was doing.

 

“Act like you belong to GOD” was the warning of Paul. He guided everyone to examine their old ways and to turn away from things that were not pleasing to GOD. This would come at a price. Some relationships would need to be severed and a new way of thinking needed to be pursued.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants to protect people from my dark ways.
  • GOD wants me to turn from ways that are not pleasing to HIM so I can live for HIM without worry.
  • GOD wants me to depend on HIS power to forgive and provide in the light.

 

Living in the light does not mean darkness goes away from my actions. I mean, I was born a sinner and this nature will remain until I am with CHRIST forever. But until then I have a choice that seems to fight each other.

 

People can easily fool me into believing something that is not pleasing to HIM or I can fool myself into falling away from GOD. BUT HE guides me back to HIM and gives me a better way to live. HE wants me to be brave enough expose my hidden sin so it will no longer have a hold on me. HIS light brings a rich harvest. I am glad HE brings goodness, righteousness and truth.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writers warning to you?
  • What does living in the light look like in your life?
  • Will you examine yourself and see if there are ways that need to be brought to light so GOD can provide a rich harvest through you and in you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment