Thursday, May 26, 2022

Choices

Choices

Ephesians 5: 15 So be careful how you live. Don't live like ignorant people, but like wise people. 16 Make good use of every opportunity you have, because these are evil days. 17 Don't be fools, then, but try to find out what the Lord wants you to do.

 

============

 

“Come hang out with us” were the tempting words I would easily flock to . We stayed up late having “fun.” To my dismay, I woke up late for my shift. I was supposed to open the dorm office and I slept way past the time. I was fired.

 

  • I did not do what I was supposed to be doing.
  • I made a short term choice that was costly long term.
  • I could not see any problem with my choice until I ran into the problem.

 

Short term thinking was an issue Paul was trying to address. People had, too often, given into what the world would say is “fun” or “okay.” After a while, their eyes were no longer fixed on GOD, but their own pleasure.

 

My Observations

  • GOD made humor, laughter and pleasure for me to enjoy.
  • GOD made my life for HIM so I must seek what HE wants me to do and allow HIM to provide me with pleasure.
  • GOD wants me to seek wisdom and make good use of every opportunity given to me to serve HIM.

 

Every moment does not have to be a Bible teaching moment. I mean, I must have faith that I know what GOD says through HIS Word and place it in my heart. But there are moments GOD wants me to be ready to speak about HIM and HIS SON as the Savior of all mankind.

 

I can enjoy life while seeking what GOD wants me to do. Unfortunately, there are times when I want to seek what “I” want to do. This is classified as “foolish” or “ignorant” by the writer. Harsh? Not really. GOD has a plan for me each day that is not overwhelming. I am grateful HIS burdens on me are light.

 

Challenge

  • What is the warning of the writer?
  • Are there any changes you would like to make in your life but need some help?
  • Will you seek what GOD wants you to do and release your fear of what you hold onto so you can be filled by HIS SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment