Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Agreement

Agreement

1 Timothy 5: You must teach and preach these things. Whoever teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the true words of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the teaching of our religion is swollen with pride and knows nothing. He has an unhealthy desire to argue and quarrel about words, and this brings on jealousy, disputes, insults, evil suspicions, and constant arguments from people whose minds do not function and who no longer have the truth. 

 

============

 

Hearing what the other department was saying, I immediately came up with my rebuttal. After my argument was presented to management, the other department leader came back with a counter argument. This went on for a while. Finally, management told us to get ourselves together because we were getting nowhere!

 

  • I was ready to argue.
  • I was ready to fight.
  • I got myself prepared with one side of the argument.

 

Paul warns Timothy to stick to the doctrine of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. He also warns that there will be those who believe in and teach a different philosophy to address life’s problems.

 

My Observations

  • Instead of arguing, GOD wants me to simply believe in JESUS.
  • Instead of getting tripped up by life’s issues, GOD wants me to focus on JESUS as the answer.
  • Instead of wondering if a human philosophy is working or correct, GOD wants me to teach about JESUS.

 

JESUS is the way the truth and the life. HE says this. This means to me, that I need HIM to have a relationship with GOD the FATHER. The things I learn must align to this belief, otherwise I could be tempted to follow something that seems right, but may be tearing me away from GOD.

 

I may even gather more facts that back up my stance, but if these facts leave GOD out of the equation, they are not facts at all. I gladly give up on things that do not agree with the fact that JESUS loved me enough to die for me and is now alive provide me with eternal life.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about those who do not believe in the doctrine of JESUS?
  • Do you feel you need to argue and fight over something?
  • Will you soften your heart and allow GOD to come into your life so HE will teach you the truth and help you teach others about the love of JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment