Thursday, February 9, 2023

Recognition

Recognition

1 Timothy 5: 17 The elders who do good work as leaders should be considered worthy of receiving double pay, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching. 18 For the scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox when you are using it to thresh grain” and “Workers should be given their pay.” 19 Do not listen to an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or more witnesses. 20 Rebuke publicly all those who commit sins, so that the rest may be afraid.

 

============

 

After working hard for a long period of time, the project was finished. At the convention, the project was accepted well and people flocked to our booth. It felt great to get recognized when they gave our team an award.

 

  • I felt good being recognized for my hard work.
  • I felt appreciated for what I was doing.
  • I felt honored.

 

Paul suggests recognition to Timothy. Recognize elders who do a good work as a leader, preaching and teaching. Unlike most leaders, this one stands out amongst the people as a true leader. Paul warns Timothy that some people may get jealous and present false accusations against the recognized elder. He suggests their sin be brought in front of everyone in a public rebuke.

 

My Observations

  • Pastors, preachers and teachers who dedicate themselves to serving the LORD should be supported for doing so.
  • GOD recognizes people who serve HIM without needing to be paid.
  • GOD wants me to lead with integrity and not be concerned about being paid for it.

 

Recognition is great! I mean, it feels good to be appreciated and honored especially when unexpected. But what happens when no one sees what you and I do? GOD sees those who work from the heart.

 

HE is more impressed when I serve HIM in secret than when I seek to be recognized in front of many. HE also wants leaders to recognize other leaders who have dedicated himself or herself to serving the LORD and are doing it well. You will know them by their fruit. I gladly recognize those who serve the LORD with all their heart!

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer recommending?
  • Have you ever received recognition?
  • How did it feel?
  • Will you recognize those who have served the LORD with all of his or her heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment