Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Compassion

 

Compassion

1 Timothy 6: 20 Timothy, keep safe what has been entrusted to your care. Avoid the profane talk and foolish arguments of what some people wrongly call “Knowledge.” 21 For some have claimed to possess it, and as a result they have lost the way of faith.

 

God's grace be with you all.

 

============

 

Another leader was fired. “Good riddance” I thought to myself. I was tired of his tyranny anyway. After a number of years, I rose up to be in his position. Twisted words and flaming arrows came from places I did not see. I knew what I knew, but was not ready for the arguments and fights I faced. I was let go.

 

  • Afterwards, I thought I needed to learn the world’s ways to fight better.
  • Afterwards, I thought I had to become something different than who GOD called me to be.
  • Afterwards, I contemplated two paths, one with human glory and one with GOD’s glory.

 

Paul urges Timothy to “keep safe what has been entrusted to your care.” Some people may have been trying to impose their “Knowledge” as “success” in human’s eyes. But Timothy’s calling was to have compassion on those he was entrusted to care for.

 

My Observations

  • Arguments over knowledge need to be exchanged with keeping the calling, Word and people GOD has entrusted to me, safe.
  • Faith is something I can get from GOD and give back to HIM.
  • Praying for those who “know” things, but do not profess GOD in all they do requires compassion.

 

Instead of waiting on GOD to be the ultimate punisher, HE wants me to have compassion for those who walk away from the faith HE loves everyone with passion and desires that all be saved.

 

HE does not want me to argue with people over HIS power. HE says “MY grace is sufficient” and is quite confident in HIS abilities. I am glad HE allows me to pray to HIM because HE has shown compassion on me.

 

Challenge

  • What advice is the writer giving?
  • Have you ever been ready to fight, versus trying to have compassion?
  • Will you have the same compassion GOD has shown you on other people today?

No comments:

Post a Comment