Monday, February 20, 2023

Unfathomable

Unfathomable

1 Timothy 6: 13 Before God, who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus, who firmly professed his faith before Pontius Pilate, I command you 14 to obey your orders and keep them faithfully until the Day when our Lord Jesus Christ will appear. 15 His appearing will be brought about at the right time by God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and the Lord of lords. 16 He alone is immortal; he lives in the light that no one can approach. No one has ever seen him; no one can ever see him. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen.

 

============

 

“How was GOD always three?” was one of my first questions I asked when I started my journey back to following HIM. This and many other questions led me to study to find out if GOD were a fable, myth or some made up story.

 

  • I needed to know if I was being fooled.
  • I saw hypocrites who spoke about JESUS and who lived like me, who wasn’t following JESUS.
  • I questioned and questioned because I had little faith and needed answers.

 

 

Paul tells Timothy to obey until the “Day when our LORD JESUS CHRIST will appear.” This Day is not an ordinary day, rather the final erasure of all sin and the beginning of everlasting life, for some and everlasting separation for others. Paul explains the JESUS is unfathomable, no one has truly seen what and who HE is and never will.

 

My Observations

  • I may not understand what and who GOD is, but I do know HE loves me dearly.
  • I may not be able to explain “why” to every question but I do know JESUS died for me and is alive.
  • I may not be able to apply logic or Cognos to GOD, but I can feel HIS presence when I am in need, hurt or elated.

 

I just know that I know that I know that JESUS loves me. I do not understand why, I just know. HE cared enough for me, that HE gave HIS life for me. I do not understand why, I just know. When I ask questions about HIM that I cannot answer, HE is not mean, but gentle.

 

HE seeks me and, for whatever reason, wants me to tell others about HIS love. When I look at HIS perfection, I stop asking questions and praise HIM and simply say “Thank YOU.” I am glad I will never know what and who HE is, but I am glad HE reveals all I need to know.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention that “no one has ever seen HIM when people saw JESUS?”
  • What questions are you afraid to ask about GOD, JESUS who is GOD, and about the HOLY SPIRIT?
  • Will you seek a deeper relationship with JESUS and accept there are things about HIM we will never know or understand, but HE loves us and that’s all we need?

No comments:

Post a Comment