Thursday, February 9, 2023

Even and Pure

Even and Pure

1 Timothy 5: 21 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the holy angels I solemnly call upon you to obey these instructions without showing any prejudice or favor to anyone in anything you do. 22 Be in no hurry to lay hands on people to dedicate them to the Lord's service. Take no part in the sins of others; keep yourself pure.

 

============

 

Writing ideas on a pad helped me keep track of the things I wanted to come back to. But one day I caught a boss “snooping” around my desk, reading my idea pad. I didn’t say anything and I noticed he mentioned an idea in a meeting. I figured I would get him back by writing absurd ideas that seemed like good ones.

 

  • I wasted so much time trying to trip him up that I did not do my job.
  • I wanted to keep him and people like him away from me.
  • I thought it would be easier to simply meet with likeminded people and share my ideas there and never have to deal with people like him.

 

Paul gives Timothy some sage advice regarding treating people with respect. He knew Timothy would run into people who did not look or act like him. He suggests that Timothy treat everyone “even.” No prejudice and no favor; this way his actions will be without sin or retaliation or deception.

 

My Observations

  • In my “mind”, people can do some things that make me want to sin.
  • GOD wants me to get control of my “mind” and treat people with HIS love and respect.
  • My “mind” is controlled by what is in my heart, so GOD wants me to keep my heart pure.

 

Seeds get planted and grow into trees. The seed of hatred seems to grow faster than the seed of love. My heart is the soil in which the seed can grow. Each seed affects the way I see things. Instead of me asking my snooping boss how I could help him, I tried to hurt him. GOD is the remedy.

 

HE sees people differently than you and me. HE wants “everyone” to be saved and went through great lengths to do so. HE loves, loves, loves the person you may dislike or even hate. HE wants me to treat everyone the same and keep my motives pure. I am glad HE treats me with love.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention GOD and JESUS in his urge?
  • Have you ever treated someone one way and treated someone else another way and tried to justify this inconsistent action?
  • Will you add pure love to your heart by accepting the HOLY SPIRIT inside so HE can guide your motives to pure love and to treat everyone with the respect GOD wants you to show today?

No comments:

Post a Comment