Wednesday, August 23, 2023

All Grown Up

All Grown Up

Hebrews 11: Others, refusing to accept freedom, died under torture in order to be raised to a better life. 36 Some were mocked and whipped, and others were put in chains and taken off to prison. 37 They were stoned, they were sawed in two, they were killed by the sword. They went around clothed in skins of sheep or goats—poor, persecuted, and mistreated. 38 The world was not good enough for them! They wandered like refugees in the deserts and hills, living in caves and holes in the ground.

 

============

 

“Can I go outside?” was my simple question. “No, it’s your bed time” was the answer I did not understand. “I can’t wait to grow up” I said. “Can I go out with my ‘friends’?” was another request years later. Again, “No” was the answer with a good reason. A rare shooting happened.  “Aren’t I grown up enough?” I questioned.

 

  • When I “grew up” I realized I was being protected.
  • I could not see that I was not quite ready to handle the dangers of life.
  • I thought life would be easy “when I grew up” because no one would need to tell me what to do.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, turned to the more difficult side of faith. He wrote about those who died in their belief due to extreme persecution. These men and women lived their lives in boldness for CHRIST, rather than accepting the bondage of the world. They were free and fully grown in the faith.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD wants me to have immediate faith in HIM like a child would.
  • GOD takes me through trials so I can grow up and understand HIS power in the middle of problems.
  • GOD controls life and death more than people give HIM credit for and HE can protect me or take me to a “better life.”

 

Falling to the pressures of this world may make me want things I am not supposed to have. I mean, I may seek pleasure over pain or sweet over sour. When life gives me trials, I may fall apart instead of facing it with hope. BUT GOD gives me strength to face issues.

 

The HOLY SPIRIT opens my eyes to the adversary who will try to stop me from spreading the Gospel of CHRIST. Problem after problem, the enemy is relentless in trying to discourage me. BUT GOD wants me to keep going, especially when life gets tough. HE wants me to have peace in the middle of the storm. This takes some growing up. I am glad GOD cares enough about me to not let me remain a child.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention difficulties people faced?
  • Have you ever wanted help, but were not receiving it?
  • Have you ever blamed GOD for the trial you are or were in?
  • Will you ask GOD to help you grow up enough to be able to handle the tougher parts of life with boldness for HIM, even though there may not be any relief anytime soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment