Thursday, August 10, 2023

Keeping the Fire

Keeping the Fire

Hebrews 11: 21 It was faith that made Jacob bless each of the sons of Joseph just before he died. He leaned on the top of his walking stick and worshiped God.

 

============

 

“Didn’t you try that years ago?” was the question posed to me in disbelief. I was asking some of the same people to get on board of something that took a long, long time to get ready. It took so long, that people forgot what I was working on.

 

  • I felt embarrassed that it took so long to get started.
  • I felt uneasy about asking the same people to be excited after so many years.
  • I felt I needed to keep the same level of excitement as when I first started.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, continues the list of faith examples with Jacob, otherwise known as Israel. Jacob had been a liar and a sneak, but GOD changed his name to Israel, which means GOD preserves. At a very old age, Jacob remained loyal to GOD. He required a walking stick after wrestling GOD at a young age. He remained on fire until his death.

 

My Observations:

  • Difficult times may make me want to leave GOD, BUT where would I go?
  • Starting off with GOD can be exciting to me, but staying with HIM is more exciting to HIM.
  • Being able to praise GOD at an old age is the goal HE wants me to have.

 

Remaining excited about GOD can be difficult. I mean, life can dish out some very rough circumstances. Loss of health, relationships and income, could leave people wondering “Where is GOD?” BUT GOD is there, always!

 

HE provides in ways I cannot see or understand. HE blesses me in spite of me. HE raises me up when I should be torn down. GOD and GOD alone should be praised all the time. I am glad HE cares for me!

 

Challenge

  • Why did the writer choose someone sneaky as an example of faith?
  • Have you ever gone through some rough times and wanted to give up on GOD?
  • Will you examine your thinking about what HE really wants you to “be” and accept HIS love for you so you can praise HIM today and always?

No comments:

Post a Comment