Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Straight Paths Heal Wounds

Straight Paths Heal Wounds

Hebrews 12: 12 Lift up your tired hands, then, and strengthen your trembling knees! 13 Keep walking on straight paths, so that the lame foot may not be disabled, but instead be healed.

 

============

 

After experimenting with “fun” everyone else was having, I noticed my life was not getting any better. In fact, it seemed to be getting worse. I sat on the on my couch and made a decision. “I need to get my life in order” I said to myself.

 

  • I felt tired from trying things that were supposed to make me “happy” but found them to be temporary.
  • I was trembling from fear of the future, because the “fun” was not addressing any problem I was facing.
  • I knew in my heart I needed to do something different.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, begins his final words with some sage advice. “Instead of being tired and scared, why not follow GOD who provides a straight path to HIM and HIS power?” is the implied question in his statement. He knew only GOD can provide the answer.

 

My Observations:

  • Only GOD can give me rest when I am weary.
  • Only GOD can heal my woundedness when I am hurt.
  • Only GOD can provide a straight path instead of the wandering crooked path I easily get on.

 

True success comes from GOD. I mean, HE holds the criteria for what a peaceful life looks like. Unfortunately, I try things that cause me to lose that peace. I seek the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. These things take me away from GOD. BUT GOD brings me back.

 

With gentle correction and wiping my tears away, GOD shows me how much HE cares for me and heals me of life’s wounds. HE provides a path that is straight. I gladly follow HIS way.

 

Challenge

  • What is the “straight path” the writer is speaking about?
  • Have you ever wandered away from what GOD wants you to do and found yourself in more trouble?
  • Will you seek the answers from GOD instead of investing in what the world will have you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment