Monday, August 14, 2023

Seeing Beyond

Seeing Beyond

Hebrews 11: 23 It was faith that made the parents of Moses hide him for three months after he was born. They saw that he was a beautiful child, and they were not afraid to disobey the king's order.

 

============

 

Opening the mailbox, I pulled out a stack of bills. “When will this ever end?” I said with a sigh. I had just enough to pay all of them, but I decided to go in with a few “friends” and throw  a party. After the party was over, everyone left and I still had the bills.

 

  • I had a moment of fun but now I was worried.
  • I had a time of pleasure but now I had to face my problem.
  • I had obligations but could not see beyond a moment of pleasure.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives another example of faith. He mentions the parents of Moses disobeying the king’s order to murder all children under a certain age. They hid Moses instead of following the decree and risked death in doing so. They did not get caught up in the moment.

 

My Observations:

  • Worries may cause me to make snap decisions, BUT GOD wants me to calm down to hear HIS voice.
  • Problems may cause me to want immediate ways to get relief, BUT GOD desires that I seek HIS solution.
  • Human situations may cause me to have pain, BUT GOD wants me to see beyond the pain and to know HE is in control.

 

Seeing beyond the pain is hard. I mean, who wants pain? Noone! But there is an enemy that wants me and you to experience enough pain to question GOD or even turn from HIS solution, namely JESUS as the Savior. Circumstance after circumstance, the devil wages war to make me discouraged. BUT GOD sees his attacks and steps in.

 

GOD whispers “Think beyond this circumstance” by telling me “Keep your eyes on ME.” When I look at GOD and take my eyes off of the circumstance, I can see hope, and love that I could not see when I looked at the problem. HE then resolves problems in HIS way and time. I am glad HE cares deeply for me and you.

 

Challenge

  • According to the writer, what act of faith was performed?
  • Have you ever had to stand on faith even when, seemingly, everyone around you was going in a different direction?
  • Will you ask GOD to fortify your faith in HIM so you can stand firm for HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment