Friday, August 11, 2023

Big Dreamers Look Forward

Big Dreamers Look Forward

Hebrews 11: 22 It was faith that made Joseph, when he was about to die, speak of the departure of the Israelites from Egypt, and leave instructions about what should be done with his body.

 

============

 

Reasoning with GOD, I thought of the things “I” had done for HIM. “Remember the time when I…” was my argument that I thought of. I was going through a rough time and I wanted GOD to clear it up immediately. Not only did the problem persist, other problems piled on.

 

  • I wanted out of the trial I was going through.
  • I looked back on a few times when I thought I was being “good.”
  • I expected GOD to get me out of the trial if HE would simply realize “I” have been trying.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives another example of faith. This time he mentions Joseph, who had the gift of interpreting dreams. He also was given huge dreams by GOD. He was hated, lied on and falsely imprisoned, yet he rose up to heights unimaginable. He did not look at his achievements as a fulfilled dream.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s plans far exceed my life.
  • I am only a part of GOD’s entire plan.
  • Any accomplishment I do is only part of the dream ahead.

 

Dreaming brings on faith and faith brings on dreams. I mean, when I look forward to a better place, my dreams and thoughts brings on faith that GOD will provide that better place. I then hear from GOD through problems HE wants me to solve. HE provides the plan that sometimes seems overwhelming.

 

GOD wants me to look forward to HIS solution rather than looking backward at “my” accomplishments. HE was the one who enabled me to accomplish everything, so I cannot take credit. I gladly look forward to what HE will do and what HE will provide.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer focus on the time when Joseph was about to die as an example of faith?
  • Have you ever had a big dream and got nervous that the dream was much bigger than you?
  • Will you ask GOD for the faith it will take for HIS plan to be manifested through your efforts in HIS time and HIS way?

No comments:

Post a Comment