Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Comfort Zone

Comfort Zone

Hebrews 11: 24 It was faith that made Moses, when he had grown up, refuse to be called the son of the king's daughter. 25 He preferred to suffer with God's people rather than to enjoy sin for a little while. 26 He reckoned that to suffer scorn for the Messiah was worth far more than all the treasures of Egypt, for he kept his eyes on the future reward.

 

============

 

“You can go to another department, but I talked to people about you” were the discouraging words given to me in an ultimatum sort of way. The position I held was being “eliminated” and I could have stayed, but under duress.

 

  • I chose to leave, but wanted to stay.
  • I was confused by leaving, because it was under intense stress.
  • I felt I would be better off without a job than to stay and be put under that kind of abuse.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives another example of faith. He previously mentioned Moses’s parents, now he is focused on him. Moses could have lived his entire life in comfort because he was adopted into the Pharoah’s family. But he chose to leave when he found out he was a Hebrew, who were slaves at the time.

 

My Observations:

  • Money and comfort are not worth losing my soul.
  • Comfortable living may sometimes make me stay away from GOD’s path.
  • My focus should be on GOD and take or leave comfort.

 

Living for GOD does not have to be hard, but can be sometimes. I mean, GOD does not seem to mind when humans have comforts, but when HE allows those comforts to be removed, HE checks our reaction to see if the comfort was placed over our relationship with HIM.

 

GOD wants me to choose HIM over any comfort the world offers because Satan can offer comforts as a way to take my eyes off of JESUS. HE wants me to look beyond current comfort and to seek HIS face daily. I am glad GOD provides rewards I cannot yet see.

 

Challenge

  • What suffering does the writer speak about?
  • Have you ever chose a harder route over a comfortable route because of the principle of the matter?
  • If you face a choice between the world’s comfort versus GOD’s uncomfortable plan, will you ask HIM for fortitude to choose HIS way over the comfortable way?

No comments:

Post a Comment