Friday, August 18, 2023

Reputation Faith

Reputation Faith

Hebrews 11: 30 It was faith that made the walls of Jericho fall down after the Israelites had marched around them for seven days. 31 It was faith that kept the prostitute Rahab from being killed with those who disobeyed God, for she gave the Israelite spies a friendly welcome.

 

============

 

“Let me see your paper” was said to me in a threatening tone. He knew my scrawny stature was no match for his brawn. I slid my paper closer to the edge and kept filling out the test. I was glad that was over. But then I heard him tell someone “You should sit by him next time.”

 

  • I thought I was going to get beat up if I didn’t show my test.
  • I was scared of the thugs reputation of beating people up.
  • I was building a reputation of being a “scaredy cat” and a “professor” who could easily be pushed over and copied from.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gave another example of faith. This time it was the faith of “reputation.” The Israelites had crossed the Red Sea and the Egyptians were drowned in it while chasing them. All of the surrounding nations heard about this miracle and feared the Israelites. But Rahab feared their GOD.

 

My Observations:

  • I can walk all my life in fear or I can place my hope in GOD.
  • I can focus on “my” reputation, or believe that GOD will deliver me when HE says HE would.
  • I can do the wrong thing out of fear or believe that GOD will protect me even when the odds are against me.

 

GOD’s reputation is at stake, not mine. I mean, when HE says HE will do something, it is HIS reputation that is at stake. I do not have to defend anything GOD said HE would do. HE is the most powerful, most high and lives everywhere. HE sees all, knows all and is above all.

 

I can place my faith in HIS reputation when mine falters. If all around me label me as weak, GOD says “I AM strong and you are in MY family.” I gladly place my faith in GOD’s reputation for delivering me every time.

 

Challenge

  • What reputations are mentioned by the writer?
  • Have you ever felt mislabeled by other people?
  • Will you put your trust in the LORD today who brings you through all situations for HIS purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment