Thursday, August 24, 2023

All Makes Perfect

All Makes Perfect

Hebrews 11: 39 What a record all of these have won by their faith! Yet they did not receive what God had promised, 40 because God had decided on an even better plan for us. His purpose was that only in company with us would they be made perfect.

 

============

 

“I finished” I said proudly as I watched other people struggling. The task was easy to “me” and I felt good about “myself.” “Why don’t you help other people finish?” was the suggestion said to me that was strange.

 

  • I wanted to be noticed for finishing first.
  • I was competing instead of relating.
  • I had no sympathy for those who were “losing” even though it was not a competition.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, got excited over the mention of this great list of people who expressed faith in many marvelous ways. He then says that what they did was only a small piece of the entire picture.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD seems to need a story from my life to be part of HIS great and marvelous plan.
  • GOD links my story to other people so we all can live together in a better place.
  • GOD’s better plan includes all of our stories, not just the ones we read about.

 

Wanting to be noticed as special makes me compete. I mean, I may work extra hard, or wear something unique, or tell people where I have been so I can be affirmed by society. Then, when I see what someone else has done, I race to do more or to be different. BUT GOD made me unique, so I don’t have to try.

 

When GOD looks at me, HE sees a part of a bigger picture. HE wants all humans to be saved and feels one person is just as precious as another. The person I get mad at, is loved dearly by GOD. HE wants all of us to be saved. I am glad HIS plan includes me and you.

 

Challenge

  • What is the “better plan” that the writer mentions?
  • Have you ever competed with someone for affiliation, affection, or affirmation?
  • Will you seek to be a link in GOD’s plan and join others in bringing people to HIM so HE can have the complete picture HE is looking for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment