Friday, August 4, 2023

Impossible Dreams Fulfilled

Impossible Dreams Fulfilled

Hebrews 11: 11 It was faith that made Abraham able to become a father, even though he was too old and Sarah herself could not have children. He trusted God to keep his promise. 12 Though Abraham was practically dead, from this one man came as many descendants as there are stars in the sky, as many as the numberless grains of sand on the seashore.

============

“I’m never going to get this right?” I said in frustration. I was trying to do long division and it didn’t make sense. But eventually I understood it after being frustrated. “I’m never going to graduate” and “I’m never going to get a job” and “I’m never going to get…” have been words I used in frustration when I could not see how it was going to happen.

 

  • I was frustrated because I could not see a solution.
  • I was nervous and scared many times because I could not figure out how things would turn out.
  • I felt that things should be better and I could not see how it was going to happen.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gave another faith example. This time he showed how GOD overcomes the impossible. If anyone were to think that a women who, throughout life could not have children, suddenly could become pregnant by her husband who was older than most people, all would say “this is impossible.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD chooses the impossible to show me that only HE can solve my situations.
  • Some circumstances I get into seem to have no solution, BUT GOD has one already planned.
  • Faith that GOD has the situation taken care of comes hard to me, but eventually I have to get there.

 

Believing the impossible can happen is scary. I mean, if I tell people what GOD has in store for me and it does not happen in the time “I” think it should happen, people, including myself, would become discouraged. BUT GOD sees this and laughs at what I think is impossible.

 

GOD seems to love doing the impossible. HE enabled an elderly, barren couple to have a baby when HE could have used a young fertile couple. That would not have been amazing. HE wants me to know that HE is GOD and that HIS solutions cannot come from anywhere but HIM. I gladly yield to HIS great and marvelous power.

 

Challenge

  • What impossible dream do you think the writer gave?
  • Have you ever felt there was more to life for you, but you gave up on dreams because it has not happened for you yet?
  • Will you renew your faith that GOD can and will revive the situation you thought was dead if you place your faith in HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment