Monday, July 31, 2023

Genuine Magnet

Genuine Magnet

Hebrews 11:It was faith that made Noah hear God's warnings about things in the future that he could not see. He obeyed God and built a boat in which he and his family were saved. As a result, the world was condemned, and Noah received from God the righteousness that comes by faith.

 

============

 

Hearing my assignment, I groused a little. The projects that were high visibility seemed to go to other people and I seemed to get the leftovers. Someone said to me, “Just do a good job”, so I did. After a while, the higher ups asked me to help them out on their projects.

 

  • I originally thought I had to complain in order to get my way.
  • I thought I had to be someone else in order to be seen.
  • I thought I was unfavorable and others were getting all the favors.

 

Paul, the assumes writer, gives a different example of faith, namely obedience. He used the example of how Noah chose to stay away from violence and was not trying to get his way, rather he lived a peaceful life and worshipped the LORD. GOD blessed Noah’s obedience.

 

My Observations:

  • I don’t have to broadcast my abilities to GOD when I genuinely serve HIM.
  • I don’t have to tell GOD where I am, when I am genuinely doing what HE wants me to do.
  • I don’t have to wonder if GOD sees me when I am genuinely being who HE wants me to be.

 

Sometimes I want to be “found” by the right people. I mean, I work hard and want my work to be noticed. But when the work is overlooked, I may be too tired to tell “the right people” what I have done. BUT GOD sees and knows what I do for HIM.

 

GOD gets excited when I do things for HIM that no one sees or acknowledges. HE finds me even when I am not seeking HIM. HE wants my love to be genuine so HE can use it to draw people to HIM. I am glad GOD can use a sinner like me to do HIS marvelous works.

 

Challenge

  • What type of faith is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever done the right thing simply because it was supposed to be done, even though no one would see your action?
  • Will you be genuine with your relationship with GOD and seek those HE wants to draw to HIMSELF through you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment