Monday, July 24, 2023

Something Much Better

Something Much Better

Hebrews 10: 32 Remember how it was with you in the past. In those days, after God's light had shone on you, you suffered many things, yet were not defeated by the struggle. 33 You were at times publicly insulted and mistreated, and at other times you were ready to join those who were being treated in this way. 34 You shared the sufferings of prisoners, and when all your belongings were seized, you endured your loss gladly, because you knew that you still possessed something much better, which would last forever. 35 Do not lose your courage, then, because it brings with it a great reward.

 

============

 

Many wars broke out at the company. Some were ego related, some power related, some were racially motivated and some were just plain greed related. Whatever the case, I was ready to fight! When I “lost” the battle, I questioned GOD.

 

  • I wondered if GOD loved me.
  • I questioned HIS motivation for taking me out of the struggle.
  • I thought I was supposed to stay where I was, doing the same battles over and over again.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, addressed suffering. He spoke about it in two ways. First he spoke about past suffering. He suggested that GOD brought them through this difficult time and they were not defeated. He then spoke about other people’s struggles and how those who were not struggling at the time, empathized with those who were.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD sees me when I am going through a struggle.
  • GOD hears me when I cry out to HIM.
  • GOD may move me out of a struggle that I wanted to hold onto.

 

Pain and struggles are something I can get used to even though I am not supposed to. I mean, when I am in a bad situation where there is abuse, slander and mistreatment, I think I should stay there and simply take it. I also think it is okay to receive no help when I ask for it and be insulted for trying to serve. I then wonder if GOD is there... HE is.

 

GOD shows up in marvelous ways during the insults, slander, abuse and manipulation. HE fills me up when nothing else in the world can do the same. HIS SPIRIT guides me and provides me with hope that can never be tarnished. All things I hold onto pale in comparison to what GOD has for me. I am glad HE has something much better than I can imagine!

 

Challenge

  • What encouragement does the writer present?
  • Have you ever suffered mistreatment and insults?
  • Will you look beyond the current struggle and remember how GOD brought you through many of life’s battles and also know HE has great rewards for you because of your endurance today?

No comments:

Post a Comment