Monday, July 10, 2023

Truly Free

 

Truly Free

Hebrews 9: 15 For this reason Christ is the one who arranges a new covenant, so that those who have been called by God may receive the eternal blessings that God has promised. This can be done because there has been a death which sets people free from the wrongs they did while the first covenant was in effect.

 

============

 

Sitting in the classroom, I stared out the window, longing to be outside. When the bell rang, we were released for the day, but destined to return the next and the next and the next. “When will I be free?” I wondered.

 

  • It seemed like I would be there forever.
  • It seemed like I was serving a sentence.
  • It seemed like I was being kept from enjoyment.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, tells everyone about the “new covenant” that was arranged by JESUS. He mentions that JESUS died to set free, those who believe in HIM. HIS death would also cover those who died following the Law.

 

My Observations:

  • My definition of freedom is marred by sin.
  • My daydreams of what freedom looks like usually do not include GOD.
  • Admitting I have wrong in my life can be hard when I have too much pride to do so, therefore I remain in bondage, BUT JESUS sets me free when I admit I need HIM.

 

Worldly freedom can place me in bondage. I mean, when I am free to do as I please, I usually will not choose to follow JESUS. Instead I will justify why I need to get “my” way and try to convince others that “my” way is okay. BUT GOD sees through my false freedom.

 

HE wants me to see that I am trying to live a lie, but will allow me to do so until I can say, “LORD I need you to open my eyes to the lie I am living.” HE is willing to heal the blind and give us freedom from the sins we so easily fall into. I am glad JESUS gives true freedom.

 

Challenge

  • What freedom is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever wanted to be “free?”
  • Will you examine your definition of “freedom” to see if it aligns with GOD so HE can truly make you free today?

No comments:

Post a Comment