Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Prepared for Imperfection

Prepared for Imperfection

Hebrews 10: 15 And the Holy Spirit also gives us his witness. First he says,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
    in the days to come, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their hearts
    and write them on their minds.”

17 And then he says, “I will not remember their sins and evil deeds any longer.” 18 So when these have been forgiven, an offering to take away sins is no longer needed.

 

============

 

Leaving for vacation, I hoped the keys to the car would be left behind. To my excitement, they were. I knew I didn’t have permission to drive it, but how would they know. I jumped in the car and drove every expressway. But then I noticed the car was running hot. I stopped and checked. It needed antifreeze. I bought some and continued. It needed oil. I spent all my money just trying to drive the car.

 

  • I knew I wasn’t supposed to drive the car in the first place.
  • I chose to drive the car anyway.
  • I didn’t tell my parents that I had driven it until I was an adult.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, is revealed words from the HOLY SPIRIT. Laws have been written in the hearts and minds of everyone. This is to help people know right from wrong. But then the HOLY SPIRIT comes back and says “I will not remember their sins”, knowing people would disobey willingly.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD knew I would not obey the Law but HE forgives me anyway.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT sympathizes with me and does not remember my sins and evil deeds.
  • JESUS provides a way for me to be forgiven and wants me to confess my sins to HIM.

 

Imperfection is annoying. I mean, no matter how hard I try, I will not be perfect. I make mistakes constantly and even when I try my best, something out of my control comes along and messes things up. “When will there be true peace?” I cry out. GOD hears it.

 

HE was prepared for me to sin when HE didn’t want me to sin. HE knew I would doubt HIM or depend on my own thinking or fall into another popular hole of sin. HE picked me up and dusted me off and says, I forgive you because you recognize you need to be forgiven.” I am grateful GOD cares enough about me to forgive me in the middle of my sins.

 

Challenge

  • What two sides are revealed to the writer?
  • Have you ever done something you knew was wrong and tried to justify it?
  • Will you ask GOD to protect you from sin that so easily harasses you so HE can provide clarity into HIS forgiveness today?

No comments:

Post a Comment