Thursday, July 20, 2023

Dirty Hands, Dirty Feet

Dirty Hands, Dirty Feet

Hebrews 10: 19 We have, then, my friends, complete freedom to go into the Most Holy Place by means of the death of Jesus. 20 He opened for us a new way, a living way, through the curtain—that is, through his own body. 21 We have a great priest in charge of the house of God. 22 So let us come near to God with a sincere heart and a sure faith, with hearts that have been purified from a guilty conscience and with bodies washed with clean water. 23 Let us hold on firmly to the hope we profess, because we can trust God to keep his promise. 24 Let us be concerned for one another, to help one another to show love and to do good. 25 Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more, since you see that the Day of the Lord is coming nearer.

 

============

 

After playing outside, a neighbor invited us into their house. It was a strange invitation, because we really had never been inside this particular home. “Take off your shoes” was the first statement. “Sit on the plastic covered furniture” was the next statement. The walls were white and so wase the carpet.

 

  • I felt like I was dirty.
  • I felt uneasy being around something clean while I was dirty.
  • I felt I could not touch anything or do anything because I would make the clean stuff dirty.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, tells everyone that, through JESUS, there is “complete freedom to go into the Most Holy Place.” This is the sanctuary of GOD and no sin is allowed. He implies that we have freedom to walk around because JESUS made us clean.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is holy enough to clean me up to be in HIS presence.
  • JESUS died for my sins so I could become holy enough to into into the Most Holy Place.
  • Since I am in the Most Holy Place, GOD wants me to use it well.

 

Bam, “you are clean, now what?”” is the tone of the message. I mean, as dirty as I have been, JESUS cleaned me up. I don’t even know the areas I am dirty. HE sees my entire being and cleans areas of me that would not be allowed to enter into the Holy Place.

 

I can now come near to GOD with a purified heart, clean body, firm hope concern for others and a desire to meet with others. The HOLY SPIRIT provides the ability to do go and show love. I am glad GOD allows me to be cleaned of all unrighteousness.

 

Challenge

  • What is “The Most Holy Place” the writer speaks about?
  • Have you ever felt that you have sinned too much to be loved and forgiven by GOD?
  • Has someone made you feel less than clean?
  • Will you turn your life to JESUS so HE can truly cleanse you and give you access to GOD who has great things planned for you today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment