Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Patiently Waiting

Patiently Waiting

Hebrews 9: 23 Those things, which are copies of the heavenly originals, had to be purified in that way. But the heavenly things themselves require much better sacrifices. 24 For Christ did not go into a Holy Place made by human hands, which was a copy of the real one. He went into heaven itself, where he now appears on our behalf in the presence of God. 25 The Jewish high priest goes into the Most Holy Place every year with the blood of an animal. But Christ did not go in to offer himself many times, 26 for then he would have had to suffer many times ever since the creation of the world. Instead, now when all ages of time are nearing the end, he has appeared once and for all, to remove sin through the sacrifice of himself. 27 Everyone must die once, and after that be judged by God. 28 In the same manner Christ also was offered in sacrifice once to take away the sins of many. He will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to save those who are waiting for him.

 

============

 

Craning my neck, I looked for a bus. I did not see the distinctive headlights shining off in the distance, so I decided to walk. “I bet I could beat the bus” I said to myself. Far into my trip I saw a but coming. I ran to the nearest stop, but the bus passed me. It was full. I kept walking and another bus did the same. I missed two busses!

 

  • I could have had a seat on the bus.
  • I did not want to wait because I could not see anything coming.
  • I thought I could take matters in my own hands, but found myself worse off.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, continues his discussion about sacrifices. One sacrifice that humans performed was a copy of “the real thing.” Humans would need to die for sins, but instead, they used animals. JESUS, on the other hand, used HIMSELF as the perfect sacrifice. HE did all this for those who “wait” on HIM.

 

My Observations:

  • I sometimes forget that life is all about CHRIST trying to redeem me.
  • I get lost by focusing on the day to day problems, so I take matters into my own hands.
  • When I wait on the LORD, I can still live life, but in a way that knows HE can return any minute.
  • Knowing JESUS will return, changes some of my decisions to take matters into my own hands.

 

Wait on the LORD is sometimes confusing to me. I mean, should I do something or do nothing? I believe it means live life as if HE can return any moment. I ask myself, “What would I like to be caught doing when HE returns?” Obviously, I would Like to be doing something HE would prefer.

 

JESUS will return to save those who are waiting on HIM. Every step taken should be towards HIM, not away. All the activity done on earth that points to HIS return is a form of waiting. I gladly wait on HIM and hope HE finds me serving who HE wants me to serve.

 

Challenge

  • What “copy” is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever lost your patience and tried to take matters into your own hands?
  • Will you ask GOD for guidance in your activities, so HE will help you prepare for HIS return someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment