Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Obtaining the Invisible

Obtaining the Invisible

Hebrews 11: Now faith is the ]substance of things hoped for, the  evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.

 

By faith we understand that the  worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

 

============

 

Driving uphill, I came to an intersection. I could not see the road in front of me because the incline was too steep. Thoughts ran through my mind. “What if there is no road in front of me?” A little fear set in and I hesitated for a while. I was a new driver.  A car came behind me, blew the horn and I was forced to make a decision to go. I went and was relieved there was a road.

 

  • Fear made me create a picture of something bad.
  • Doubt made me think something was wrong.
  • Uncertainty made me hesitate when I could have easily gone forward.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, had just told everyone to keep moving forward by saying “no turning back.” He then explains why… because you have to have faith. Now he gives the definition of what faith is.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD knows I cannot handle life’s decisions all at once, so HE shows me a little at a time.
  • GOD does not show me everything I will face, probably to protect me from fearing moving forward.
  • GOD knows the outcome of where HE is taking me and asks me to have faith.

 

Trusting GOD is hard sometimes. I mean, when it is hard to see how in the world is “this” going to come together or “this” be resolved, I start to get scared and look for ways to “see” my path forward. In may instances, GOD does not show me the path but says “Trust ME.”

 

I take a deep breath and step out into the unknown. The first step is the most scary one. The second is a relief because I am now on a path GOD has chosen. I am grateful, GOD wants to grow me up and does not show me everything so my faith will grow.

 

Challenge

  • What parts of the writer’s definition stick out to you?
  • When did you use faith and what was the outcome?
  • Will you place your faith in GOD so HIS plan can be made known through your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment