Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Effective Forever

 

Effective Forever

Hebrews 10: 11 Every Jewish priest performs his services every day and offers the same sacrifices many times; but these sacrifices can never take away sins. 12 Christ, however, offered one sacrifice for sins, an offering that is effective forever, and then he sat down at the right side of God. 13 There he now waits until God puts his enemies as a footstool under his feet. 14 With one sacrifice, then, he has made perfect forever those who are purified from sin.

 

============

 

Rummaging through my parents garage, I found the perfect piece of wood to “repair” the seat of my car that would no longer stay upright. I figured I could shove this piece of wood in-between the upper and lower parts of the seat to keep the passenger from falling backwards. It worked! That is, until I hit a bump.

 

  • My solution was temporary.
  • My solution worked under certain conditions.
  • My solution was not really a solution.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, spoke about the futility of the services of the priests. They would perform sacrifices that were symbolic and could never truly remove sins. People depended on this ritual with their lives, but it was ineffective.

 

My Observations:

  • What JESUS did was effective forever.
  • JESUS repaired the relationship between humans and GOD forever.
  • GOD will one day put the enemy of sin under JESUS feet where it will do me no harm forever.

 

Satan’s pride of trying to be GOD caused major problems. I mean, he tried to tempt the first humans, Adam and Eve, into sinning. He enraged the Living GOD to the point where the earth was cursed and humans would struggle through life. BUT JESUS volunteered to do something about it.

 

HE sacrificed HIMSELF as the permanent solution. Sin no longer has the same effect of ripping me away from GOD forever. JESUS made it so I could be forgiven for my sins and to have a perfect loving relationship with HIM forever. I am glad JESUS’ solution was powerful enough to save me forever.

 

Challenge

  • Can you sense the futility from the writer?
  • Have you tried to please GOD by following the rules harder?
  • Do you think GOD is harsh, mean and stubborn?
  • Will you ask GOD to renew your mind and look at HIM in a different, caring and loving way today?

No comments:

Post a Comment