Tuesday, July 25, 2023

No Turning Back

No Turning Back

Hebrews 10: 36 You need to be patient, in order to do the will of God and receive what he promises. 37 For, as the scripture says,

“Just a little while longer,
    and he who is coming will come;
    he will not delay.
38 My righteous people, however, will believe and live;

    but if any of them turns back,
    I will not be pleased with them.”

39 We are not people who turn back and are lost. Instead, we have faith and are saved.

 

============

 

Changing majors was a thought that ran through my mind. I did not know what the future held, so I figured I would try something different. I met with a counselor. “You have close to enough credits to graduate. Are you sure you want to start over?”

 

  • I was about to wander again.
  • I was scared of starting over and scared to finish.
  • I did not have a passion for anything and felt lost.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives sage advice to everyone. He tells us not to turn back from Gospel of JESUS. He knew the people grew impatient and wanted everything to be fine for a change. He probably saw weary faces and heard discouragement. He lets everyone know that we do not turn back, instead we have faith and are saved!

 

My Observations

  • JESUS will return for me someday.
  • GOD wants me to live an abundant life for HIM, believing that JESUS guides my life.
  • GOD is pleased with me so much that HE saved me and gave me faith in HIS power.

 

Discouraging times makes me want to give up on GOD> I mean, when I am broke, lonely, wounded and in pain, praising GOD seems to disappear from my lips. In fact, temptation pops in and says “there is an easier way than following JESUS.” BUT GOD fortifies my mind.

 

HE wipes away any thought of me turning back to my old way of trying to live life without HIM. HE shows me how I should seek HIM to praise HIM daily. HE helps me navigate difficulties and endure pain. I will never turn back.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention “Be patient?”
  • Have you ever wanted to give up on GOD to try things on your own?
  • Will you keep facing JESUS so HE will guide you to places you have never dreamed of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment