Friday, July 28, 2023

Stick-to-itiveness

Stick-to-itiveness

Hebrews 11: It was faith that kept Enoch from dying. Instead, he was taken up to God, and nobody could find him, because God had taken him up. The scripture says that before Enoch was taken up, he had pleased God. No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that God exists and rewards those who seek him.

 

============

 

Looking at the science book the night before the science fair, I chose something easy to do and three pages in. I had given up, but wanted to win the fair. I did not win. Later I joined a team. I practiced, but not to the fullest. I wanted to win but didn’t. I gave up.

 

  • I gave up many times.
  • I convinced myself, that I would not amount to anything.
  • I finally got tired of giving up and eventually stayed the course.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives another example of faith. He chose a strange, extraordinary example named Enoch, father of Methuselah. Twice it said “Enoch walked faithfully with GOD.” He never gave up.

 

My Observations:

  • Choosing to stay with GOD versus leaving HIM is the better way for me to go.
  • Making choices that align with HIS desire helps me navigate life when it gets difficult.
  • Staying with GOD makes me realize there is no other place to go.

 

Thinking that humans can develop a plan without GOD is the problem. I mean, HE should be involved with every aspect of our lives, yet there are many times when I want to try to do things without HIM. I then find myself in a world of trouble. If I get into too much trouble, I blame HIM, doubt HIM and leave HIM. BUT GOD provides faith.

 

HE solves issues and breathes life into our relationship. HE stays with me through tough times and never gives up on me. I had to finally decide if I was going to stay with HIM. I am glad HE increases my faith to stick to HIS plan for me.

 

Challenge

  • What was the reward mentioned by the writer, that Enoch received?
  • Have you ever felt like giving up on GOD?
  • Will you ask GOD for stronger faith so you will not try to leave HIM when times get difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment