Friday, July 14, 2023

Good Enough

 

Good Enough

Hebrews 10:For this reason, when Christ was about to come into the world, he said to God:

“You do not want sacrifices and offerings,
    but you have prepared a body for me.
You are not pleased with animals burned whole on the altar
    or with sacrifices to take away sins.
Then I said, ‘Here I am,
    to do your will, O God,
    just as it is written of me in the book of the Law.’”

 

============

 

Not understanding the assignment, I went to the teacher and asked for help. The homework I turned in had many marked up mistakes. He showed me what I did wrong and allowed me to turn in my revised work. I got a good grade on that assignment.

 

  • My revised work passed the test.
  • My revised work met the criteria.
  • My corrections made the assignment perfect.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, had a revelation from GOD and was given a conversation that was vital to the Law. JESUS knew that animal sacrifices would never cleanse the sin of mankind. A perfect sacrifice was needed and HE volunteered.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS knew the passing criteria and became the perfect sacrifice.
  • JESUS knew what it would take to fulfill the Law and did so just for me.
  • JESUS became the perfect sacrifice which fulfilled the entire Law and now I have freedom.

 

No animal or actions were good enough to meet GOD’s criteria of perfection. Only JESUS was perfect. GOD had to lose HIS SON for you and me to be saved. JESUS died and was raised from the dead, now HE holds the choice to forgive.

 

My efforts of fasting, prayer and abstaining from sin are not good enough. The only way I can ever be good is to recognize the one who was perfect, namely JESUS. After that, all things fall into place.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use this example?
  • Have you ever thought your efforts were good enough to please GOD?
  • Will you look at what JESUS did as perfection so you will not try to measure up and so you can be comfortable, knowing HE loves you to the maximum today?

No comments:

Post a Comment