Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Dangers and Troubles

Dangers and Troubles

Hebrews 11: 27 It was faith that made Moses leave Egypt without being afraid of the king's anger. As though he saw the invisible God, he refused to turn back. 28 It was faith that made him establish the Passover and order the blood to be sprinkled on the doors, so that the Angel of Death would not kill the first-born sons of the Israelites.

 

============

 

Driving in a neighborhood that was known for its dangers, I made a wrong turn. I ended up on a dead end street, similar to those seen in movies. I panicked as I looked in my rear view mirror to see who was converging on me. No one was around. I simply backed up and drove away.

 

  • I brought worry and fear into the situation.
  • I worried about what could happen instead of seeing what was happening.
  • I thought the worst, instead of thinking of the best.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, continues his faith examples with another aspect from Moses. Danger would not stop Moses from doing what the LORD said to do. He boldly left Egypt after GOD sent plagues, making Pharoah desire to send the slaves away. GOD also protected those who believed in placing blood on their doors from the final plague, namely Angel of Death.

 

My Observations:

  • My fears can diminish my faith in GOD.
  • GOD loves when I face my fears by turning to HIM for the answers.
  • GOD specializes in protection and deliverance, even when things seem bleak.

 

In the middle of danger and trouble, GOD wants me to take a deep breath and keep moving towards HIM. I mean, things may seem impossible with no way out and no solution at hand. GOD steps in and provides when I stay the course.

 

HE knows I am still afraid. BUT HE also knows how to provide for me when I get nervous and need HIM to show me the way. I am glad GOD takes care of my deepest fears and addresses all situations with HIS loving power.

 

Challenge

  • How do the two examples of the writer relate to each other?
  • Have you ever faced danger or trouble and panicked?
  • Will you take faith into your next encounter with danger or trouble so you can calm down enough to hear GOD, and be delivered from evil that day?

No comments:

Post a Comment