Thursday, August 17, 2023

Barriers Removed

Barriers Removed

Hebrews 11: 29 It was faith that made the Israelites able to cross the Red Sea as if on dry land; when the Egyptians tried to do it, the water swallowed them up.

 

============

 

“But I don’t know anything about the business side” was my nervous response when offered a position I was unfamiliar. My entire career had been spent in technology and I was now being asked to move into operating the business from a nontechnical view. “Don’t worry about it” was the response. They cleared all barriers to getting the position.

 

  • I felt I did not have the skills to do the position.
  • I wondered why I was chosen for the position.
  • I nervously stepped into the position and made it safely through.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives a strange example of faith. He mentions the Israelites “ability” to cross the Red Sea as if on dry land, while the Egyptians could not. Many of the Israelites were nervous and later they complained about Moses and ultimately, GOD. Yet GOD protected them.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD protects me in spite of my doubt, fears and worries.
  • GOD knew I would mess up and HE protects me anyway.
  • GOD sees all hearts and protects me from those who try to stop me from serving HIM.

 

Serving GOD pleases HIM, but causes the enemy to get upset. I mean, when I put my mind and heart into action for doing something meaningful for CHRIST, GOD gets excited. Unfortunately, it causes me to rile up Satan who, in turn, tries to place obstacles in my way. BUT GOD sees the obstacles and removes them.

 

It is not because I am faithful and sinless, it’s because HE is faithful and sinless. JESUS faced every temptation I could ever face and more. HE did not sin when tempted and was murdered by HIS own creation. HE was raised from the dead and provides the HOLY SPIRIT to live in those who believe in HIM. HE did it all and did not rely on my faulty faithfulness. I am glad GOD is faithful to me.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention faith when it came to the unfaithful Israelites?
  • Have you ever sinned and were nervous about receiving punishment from GOD?
  • Are you doubting HIS love for you because of your current situation?
  • Will you believe in HIS power over your situation and believe HE is faithful to you even though you cannot possibly be faithful to HIM because we are all sinners?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please protect this reader from his or her thinking. Please guide us from worry, fear and doubt. Show us YOUR faithfulness, especially when we are unfaithful. Thank YOU! amen

No comments:

Post a Comment