Wednesday, August 9, 2023

It Has To Make Sense

It Has To Make Sense

Hebrews 11: 17 It was faith that made Abraham offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice when God put Abraham to the test. Abraham was the one to whom God had made the promise, yet he was ready to offer his only son as a sacrifice. 18 God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that you will have the descendants I promised.” 19 Abraham reckoned that God was able to raise Isaac from death—and, so to speak, Abraham did receive Isaac back from death.

 

============

 

“Try praying more” someone told me. Another person said “Try fasting.” Yet another person said “Have you confessed any sin you did?” I was facing a difficult situation and well meaning people were trying to give e advice. None of their advice made sense to me at the time.

 

  • I did not know what GOD was doing and I wrestled with going through pain.
  • I had people trying to help me make sense out of a painful situation, but quick remedies did not make sense.
  • I had to reason out what GOD was doing and when I did, I was able to place my faith in HIM.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, was truly impressed by Abraham’s faith. He provides another example of his faith. Abraham did not know what GOD was going to do. He was told by GOD to sacrifice his son. Abraham reasoned through the atrocity by believing GOD was powerful enough to raise Isaac from the dead. His reasoning brought on faith.

 

My Observations:

  • My faith in GOD needs the illogical to become logical to me.
  • In order for me to place my faith in GOD, it has to make sense to me.
  • Even the things that seem out of the ordinary have to make senses to me in my heart.

 

Let’s face it, there are quite a few stories that seem unimaginable in the Bible. I mean, dead people getting raised, sick people being healed and murderers being converted to missionaries, seem a bit farfetched.  BUT GOD opens my eyes to HIS power and theses examples make sense.

 

HE shows us HIS love for us through many examples and HE let’s me know HE still can do the same for me. I can then put my faith in the unknown, more and more. I can look back at all the examples and relate them to my own. GOD helps me make sense out of today by providing HIS deliverance yesterday. I am glad HE wants me to see HIS power in action.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer chose this example?
  • Is there a circumstance that you are going through that seems difficult?
  • Will you ask GOD questions and seek answers from the Bible so you can be guided in knowledge to strengthen your faith today?

No comments:

Post a Comment