Thursday, October 24, 2019

Alarm Clock


John 12: 37 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke:
“Lord, who has believed our report?

And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”

39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:

40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.”

41 These things Isaiah said [f]when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.

============

After placing my child in the baby carrier, I performed my daily ritual. I loaded important papers and other work items in the back seat. I got in the car and started to drive off. When I looked in the back seat, I noticed the baby was not there. I got out of the car and went into the house. There was my child, sitting in the carrier, smiling. Oh, and I noticed my coffee was sitting on top of the car.

  • There have been times when I was distracted.
  • There have been times when I had so much on my mind that all I could do was concentrate on what was causing stress.
  • There have been times when I was awake, but could not remember how so much time had passed.


JESUS had healed blind people, cured people of extreme diseases, and raised people from the dead. This was the beginning of a list that is too long to write. Unfortunately, the longer the list, the more the people would not believe in HIM. They were distracted by their desires and could not “see” or “hear” HIM.

  • GOD wants me to wake up and see what HE made me for.
  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to those around me who need HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand in my heart what HE wants me to do.


 “HE has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts” are the words that scare me most. I mean, if I want something that GOD does not want me to have, HE may give it to me, in abundance. HE will then blind me to think “I” did this. HE will also harden my heart to think HE does not exist or HE no longer heals.

GOD wants my full attention. HE wants me to believe in HIS healing, saving power. HE can do whatever HE wants, whenever HE wants. Fortunately, HE wants to do things with love in HIS heart. I am glad HE pursues me.

  • Are you distracted away from GOD’s power?
  • Are you just going through the motions, not knowing why so much time has passed?
  • Will you wake up and see GOD in your life so you can understand with your heart how much HE loves you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment