Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Meanwhile


John 11: 53 Then, from that day on, they plotted to put Him to death. 54 Therefore Jesus no longer walked openly among the Jews, but went from there into the country near the wilderness, to a city called Ephraim, and there remained with His disciples.

55 And the Passover of the Jews was near, and many went from the country up to Jerusalem before the Passover, to purify themselves. 56 Then they sought Jesus, and spoke among themselves as they stood in the temple, “What do you think—that He will not come to the feast?” 57 Now both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a command, that if anyone knew where He was, he should report it, that they might seize Him.

============

After observing what everyone was doing, I could see the flaws. I quickly assessed what to do and began to tell them the corrections. When things were going as “I” expected, I took a break. Someone came to me with “suggestions” on how I could have handled things better. I did not notice “my” mistakes.

  • There have been times when I wanted to see people act like me.
  • There have been times when I desired to see the results of what “I” told people.
  • There have been times when I paid so much attention to what other people were doing, that I forgot to do the things I was supposed to be doing.


The church leaders had taken their hatred of JESUS to the final level. They banded together to kill HIM using legal technicalities of the Bible. They spent their time, in which they should have been preparing for the Passover, spying for JESUS in a quest for murder. Meanwhile, JESUS prepared to save the world.

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIS love every day.
  • GOD wants me to sing praises to HIM every day.
  • GOD wants me to tell people about JESUS every day.


When I sing, praise and speak highly about JESUS, there is no room for hatred in my heart. Unfortunately, it holds true for the opposite. When I try to control others, or get mad at them easily or speak slanderous words, I am not filled with GOD’s SPIRIT and am acting on my own.

GOD wants me to bring people to HIM and let go of them. I can only run one life, which is mine, and most times I do not do that very well. BUT GOD forgives me and I am delighted to tell others HE can do the same for them.

  • Are you busy thinking what someone else should be doing?
  • Do you easily see the flaws in others and not yourself?
  • Will you take a step back and allow GOD to grown them and you in HIS own way today?


No comments:

Post a Comment