Monday, October 21, 2019

Scared


John 12: 27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”

Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”

29 Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”

============

“I’m not going down there!” I said in terror. With fears of the “Boogey Man” being in the basement of our home, I refused to go downstairs unless someone was with me. All the lights had to be on.

  • Sometimes I get scared of the unknown.
  • Sometimes I get worried about situations people have told me about.
  • Sometimes I get filled with fear over a huge situation facing me.


Death was facing JESUS and HIS humanity showed. HE expressed HIS fear out loud. THE FATHER heard HIS voice and responded with assurance. JESUS accepted the responsibility.

  • GOD is there when I have fears.
  • GOD is there when I have doubts.
  • GOD is there when I worry about big situations.


Worry easily creeps in when the answer to a problem is out of my control. I mean when I cannot do something to resolve the situation, my mind spins, trying to come up with a solution. BUT GOD knows the outcome.

HE wants me to trust that HE has the situation under control and HE can use the circumstance for HIS glory. HE rewards me greatly for obeying HIS plan and for this I am grateful.

  • Are you worried?
  • Is there a very large situation in front of you that seems too big to handle?
  • Will you ask GOD to not only give you strength, but comfort as well?


No comments:

Post a Comment