Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Not Understanding It


John 13: Then He came to Simon Peter. And Peter said to Him, “Lord, are You washing my feet?”

Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this.”

Peter said to Him, “You shall never wash my feet!”

Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.”

Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!”

10 Jesus said to him, “He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.” 11 For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, “You are not all clean.”

============

Finally I ran into a group of leaders I appreciated being around. When an opportunity for advancement came open, I scheduled a meeting to ask for the position. It had nothing to do with my skills or accomplishments, I just wanted to be with that group. “Don’t worry” they said to me. “We have something for you too.” What were they talking about? I pondered.

  • There were times when I did not understand my benefactors.
  • There were times when I did not understand when people had good plans for me.
  • There were times when I was suspicious of allowing someone else to look out for me, so I had to look out for “myself.”


Peter, not understanding what JESUS was doing, tried to stop HIM from washing his feet. JESUS tried to tell Peter that he would understand later. Peter went further in his misunderstanding by telling JESUS to wash his entire body. Peter had great intentions.

  • GOD understands that I will misunderstand HIM.
  • GOD understands that I will think I know what HE is doing, but I will be grossly wrong.
  • GOD understands that I will try hard to please HIM, even though HE is already extremely pleased with me.


JESUS needed to serve humans so we could see a real example. I mean, GOD lowered HIMSELF to the point of washing grime and stench off of our feet. I believe HE was telling us that we may step in sin but our feet can be cleaned. But there was one who’s heart was not clean, therefore foot washing would have no effect.

GOD wants my heart. HE can cleanse me of all unrighteousness as long as I give HIM my desires. I am grateful HE can clean me up when I sin.

  • Do you want to be clean?
  • Do you want to be with GOD in HIS quest to save humanity?
  • Will you allow HIM to clean you up the way HE wants to so you can serve many people?


No comments:

Post a Comment