Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Way Off Somewhere


John 12: 34 The people answered Him, “We have heard from the law that the Christ remains forever; and how can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of Man?”

35 Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going. 36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” These things Jesus spoke, and departed, and was hidden from them.

============

“Hypocrites!” I cried out at the churchy kind of people. I mean they talk a good talk but when it came down to it, they were doing more sin than folks who did not go to church. I stopped going. I might as well party and fulfill my lusts as much as the next person. I placed my hope in “fun.”

  • There was a time when I gave up on GOD.
  • There was a time when I based “my” relationship with GOD on what the group around me was doing.
  • There was a time when I rationalized GOD away, thinking I must have been fooled into believing because things were not going the way “I” wanted them to.


The people heard JESUS tell them HE was going to die. “How in the world can GOD die?” they questioned. JESUS did not answer them directly. HE gave HIS final warning. “Believe in the Light while you have the Light.” JESUS was referring to HIMSELF.

  • JESUS wants me to base my belief on what HE did and still does.
  • JESUS wants me to serve HIM while I still can.
  • JESUS wants me to use as much of “my” time to serve HIM, communicate with HIM and watch HIM be amazing.


When I am led by darkness, I can feel the complaints grow. Everyone around me becomes wrong and I become discontent with more situations. BUT GOD wants me to see the light while I still can. HE opens my spiritual eyes to see the light in people HE sends me. JESUS is my light.

  • Are you wandering in darkness?
  • Are you discontent with more and more?
  • Can you place your hope in JESUS and trust that HE is the only way to fix “that” situation?


No comments:

Post a Comment