Friday, October 4, 2019

Thankfulness Power


John 11: 38 Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. 39 Jesus said, “Take away the stone.”

Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been dead four days.”

40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” 41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.” 43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”

============

“What will I say to him?” were my thoughts. I had an audience with this particular church leader and I did not want to waste it. Should I ask to diversify the music to reach a broader audience? Should I point out the messages spoken in fear versus boldness? Should I ask him to speak more about JESUS and less about social policy? Then a soft voice said “Tell him thank you.”

  • There are times I want to complain.
  • There are times I want to let “that” person know just how wrong they are.
  • There are times I want those who harmed me to really get what’s coming to them with “my” sharp words.


JESUS was deeply saddened over the entire situation. I mean not only was Lazarus dead, but the crowd of humans HE created did not believe HE was and is GOD. HE lifted HIS eyes and started the conversation with familiar, yet strange words. “FATHER I Thank YOU.”

  • GOD wants me to thank HIM before I request more.
  • GOD wants me to be in a thankful mind when I am asking HIM to perform another miracle.
  • GOD wants me to overflow with thanksgiving to show how much I understand I need HIM.


Appreciation for the FATHER is often overlooked. Yes, Lazarus was dead and decaying. Yes, JESUS raised him up and healed whatever killed him. BUT the FATHER agreed that JESUS would and should raise, whom HE pleased, from the dead.

GOD deserves me staring at my GODLY account as much as I look at my bank account. HE wants me to thank HIM for everything I have, AND ever had. True thankfulness disarms those who are combative. I thank GOD for all HE has done for me.

  • Do you need something really big right now?
  • Are you fooled into thinking you have not paid enough money and that is why you are not getting your way?
  • Will you add the thankfulness of GOD to your heart, so HE can hear your prayers for them and you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment