Friday, October 18, 2019

Grasping


John 12: 20 Now there were certain Greeks among those who came up to worship at the feast. 21 Then they came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.”

22 Philip came and told Andrew, and in turn Andrew and Philip told Jesus.

23 But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

============

Tickets were mounting as I let the car sit. It was no longer working, nor worth fixing. I don’t know why I held onto it, but I did. “Let it go” someone said to me. I heeded their advice and sold it to the junkyard. I got enough to pay for some of the parking tickets.

  • I have held onto things that I should have let go of.
  • I have had things in my grasp that I should have freed.
  • I have grabbed on tight to things I should have released.


Notoriety of JESUS spread way outside of the Jews. Greeks came to see HIS marvelous works, so they approached HIS disciples. JESUS told Philip and Andrew something different than expected. HE gave a parable about a seed needing to die in order to produce.

  • JESUS wants me to let go of my life and give it to HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to open my hands and allow HIM to remove what I am holding onto so tightly.
  • JESUS wants me to release my grasp of situations and watch HIS power take control.


Giving my life to JESUS was easy at one point. I mean when things were easy, it was easy to believe in HIM. But when the winds of life blew against me, I found myself, trying to execute “my” plan to fix things. JESUS wanted something better to put in my hands, but HE couldn’t while I was holding onto things HE did not want me to have.

GOD wants me to release my grasp and open my heart to whatever and wherever HE has for me. HE gives my life purpose and I seek to serve HIM by serving others.

  • Are you holding onto your life?
  • Is your life full of blame and disappointments?
  • Will you let go of the things that keep you from having a solid relationship with HIM today by seeking those HE wants you to serve?  




No comments:

Post a Comment