Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Building a Following



John 12: 30 Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake. 31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” 33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.

============

As I sat in the seat, I could feel it hug me. When I gripped the steering wheel, it felt different than the jalopy I was driving. I was influenced. I have got to have one of these. When I grew older, I noticed some of the owners of this brand of car would lie, cheat and steal regularly. “I wonder if the lifestyle is worth it”, I thought to myself.

  • There were times when I felt that nice people finished last.
  • There were times when I felt the rich and powerful were “winning.”
  • There were times when I felt discouraged by following GOD because it seemed like most of HIS true followers were broke and powerless.


JESUS proclaimed victory over the battle over humanity. All of humanity could be lost “if” JESUS was not murdered on the cross. BUT humanity was not lost. JESUS knew what HE had to do and knew HE was the only one who could draw all peoples to HIMSELF.

  • JESUS wants me to follow HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to look beyond the things of this world so I can see HIM.
  • JESUS desires that I place HIM first then everything else will fall into place.


Being rich is not the problem. But when I gain the whole world and lose my soul, riches become the main problem. In other words, when I will do anything for money, it is the root of all kinds of evil. JESUS knows my needs and knows my limits.

HE knows exactly how much money and power I can handle before I get blinded and think “I” did everything without HIM. I am grateful for JESUS, for without HIM, I am nothing.

  • What worldly thing are you chasing?
  • Do you seek power, wealth or something else?
  • Will you be a servant to those around you so JESUS can “be JESUS” by providing salvation and eternal life to them?



No comments:

Post a Comment