Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Internal Drive


John 13: Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.

And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray Him, Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God, rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself. After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.

============

As anger bubbled over, I was determined to make this person pay. I went and found a very large “friend” and confronted the person who called me the name. I was ready to have a fight because something inside of me was furious. It was eight of them and two of us.

  • Many times I was driven to react with anger.
  • Many times I was driven to react with hatred.
  • Many times I was driven to react with a response that most people would say I was justified in doing so.


JESUS knew it was time to be murdered by HIS own creation. HE also knew that one of HIS closest disciples would betray HIM to the jealous church leaders. BUT JESUS acted in a strange way that HE had never done before. HE washed their grimy, dung laced feet.

  • JESUS shows me just how much HE loves me by forgiving me.
  • JESUS shows me HE cares for me daily.
  • JESUS shows me HE wants the best for me by giving me the HOLY SPIRIT.


“HE loved them to the end” are words that I cannot understand. I mean HE never sinned and only wanted the best for HIS creation, yet we accused HIM of trying to get over on us. We slandered HIM and made HIM out to be a criminal. BUT HE loved us to the end. I am grateful JESUS was and is driven by love. I want to do the same.

  • What are you driven by?
  • Do you easily fall into sins of hatred, lust, envy, pride, or something else?
  • Will you allow JESUS to transform you first before HE sends you out to help transform others to love HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment